EATS: Bonefish Grill
I know, I know. It’s a chain restaurant, but I wanted a quick bite and an inexpensive cocktail. Bonefish fit the bill. They offer a fantastic Happy Hour and although the crowd is a bit “mature”, I am a huge fan of their fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and half off premium vodka. A refreshing grapefruit and Stoli is only $3.50. I can only hope that when I am 80 years old, my nurse will assist me and my walker through the door to happy hour!
- They have several $5 appetizers including Bang Chicken, Bang Bang Tacos, Ceviche and more. If you like spicy, the “bang bang” items are the bomb bomb- quick fried then tossed in a tangy, creamy sauce with a kick.
- I had the ceviche- a mix of white fish, shrimp, scallops, cilantro, avocado, citrus and jalapenos.
- The edamame is healthy appetizer option if you’re not a seafood fan.
- The fresh fish and sauce selections allow for many options to suit your taste whether you prefer the typical lemon butter topping or a more unusual, sweet warm mango salsa. My personal favorite is the Pan Asian with Tuna. The Chimichurri is a great garlic-lovers option.
- I have never been disappointed by the fish and chips. Crunchy batter covering the flaky white fish with a homemade tartar sauce and malt vinegar for your “chips”
- I always order fish at Bonefish but they do have steak, chicken and pork chops.